The Office of Faculty Development (OFD) hopes you enjoy being part of the St. Louis community.
St. Louis offers residents and visitors many interesting and inexpensive experiences. Visit the St. Louis Convention & Visitors Commission to learn more about the region’s many offerings.
For your convenience, we are happy to share some other helpful resources you settle into your new community. If you know of a great resource and would like to add to the list, please contact Janet Braun in OFD.
Outsourcing Resources to Maintain Work Life Balance
Gap Year Opportunities for Recent Graduates
Transitional Programs 2017.ppt
Gap Year Programs
Other opportunites for gap years:
1. Clinical Research Studies at WUSM (or any national or international institution ):
This is a registry of public & privately funded human clinical trials around the world maintained by the US Institutes of Health
You can sort this database by:
• Map (location in the world)
• Status of study (Active Recruiting, Active Not Recruiting, Completed, Completed has results, Terminated)
Two ways to use:
1. See Studies By Topic: example enter “brain trauma & St. Louis” click on search (results at this time are 39 studies)
To Refine click on “Modify this search” scroll down to Sponsor/Collaborator and enter “Washington University School of Medicine”. Click on Search to see list of WUSM studies on Brain Trauma.
Focus on Recruiting Studies.
Note the faculty names in “Study PI & Collaborators”.
2. See Studies on a Map (to search for clinical studies by location anywhere in the world)
Click on Studies on a Map see currently 79,026 in the USA, click on the USA
Click on MO: see results 8,471 in MO
Enter “Asthma & St. Louis” see 314 studies.
Click on “Modify this Search” scroll to Sponsor/Collaborators and enter “Washington University School of Medicine”